- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp Healthworks Coconut Flour
- 3 Tbsp Healthworks Coconut Oil
- 1 cup light coconut milk or almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp flaxmeal
- 2 tsp psyllium husk (or use flaxmeal)
- ½ cup 70 to 85% dark chocolate (or use semi sweet to make less bitter)
- ½ cup vegan semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp ground sugar or 12 drops stevia
- 2.5 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp Tbsp Healthworks Coconut Flour
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch (or arrowroot or tapioca starch)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp pinch of salt
- ¼ cup vegan mini chocolate chips or regular size chocolate chips (to fold into the batter)
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F.
- Heat coconut milk to just about a boil. Pour into to a bowl. Add the flax meal, psyllum husk, Dark chocolate, semi sweet chocolate and let sit for minute. Then mix well to melt to a smooth consistency.
- Add the maple, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and mix well. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, add coconut flour, starch, baking powder and soda and salt. Whisk well.
- Add dry to the wet and mix to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips. Taste and add more sugar if needed. The batter will be more of a spongy soft dough and it will continue to dry out. Do not let it sit for long. bake immediately. Transfer batter/dough to greased or parchment lined pan. Pat down to flatten.
- Bake at 365 degrees F for 24 to 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing. If using smaller multiple pans, bake for 18 to 19 minutes.
- Brownies are best served warm right after baking. Store on the counter for the day and refrigerator for a few days. Reheat before serving.
Recipe & Photo via Vegan Richa