Peach Mango Coconut Oil Banana Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup liquid-state Healthworks Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream (Greek yogurt may be substituted)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 med/large bananas)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 1/2 cups diced peaches/mangoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for tossing peaches/mangoes
Note: Bread will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray two 8x4-inch loaf pans with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, coconut oil, sour cream, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the bananas and stir to incorporate.
- Add 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, optional salt, and fold with spatula or stir gently with a spoon until just combined; don't overmix.
- In a small bowl combine peaches and mangoes with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour and toss to coat, which helps prevent the fruit from sinking.
- Fold peaches and mangos into batter; don't overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pans, smoothing the tops lightly with a spatula and pushing it into corners and sides as necessary.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is domed, golden, and the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.