Golden Turmeric Sauce
- 2 tbsp Healthworks Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Healthworks Coconut Oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup bone broth
- 2 cups white sweet potato, cubed
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Heat the coconut oil in the bottom of a medium saucepan on medium heat. When the oil has melted and the pan is hot, add the onions and cook, stirring, for five minutes, or until lightly browned and translucent.
- Add the garlic and fresh ginger and stir for another minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the bone broth, sweet potato, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and sea salt to the pot and mix. Bring to a boil and then cover and turn down to a simmer on low to cook for 10 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are just soft. When finished, turn off the heat and let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the coconut milk and lemon in the blender with the turmeric mixture, and (being careful to use a towel over the lid to protect your hands) blend until fully smooth and combined.
- Your turmeric sauce is ready to be served as an accompaniment to protein, vegetables, stored, or used in another recipe!
Recipe & photo via Autoimmune Paleo