Whole Wheat-Flax Pancakes
- 1/3 cup Healthworks Flaxseeds
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup wheat bran
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, brown rice syrup, or agave nectar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups plain or vanilla nondairy milk (you can certainly use regular milk, too)
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- optional: fresh fruit & maple syrup for toppings
- In medium bowl, whisk the flour, bran, flaxseed, baking soda, and salt. Add soy milk and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Lightly brush a large nonstick with oil. Heat over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle. Cook 3-4 minutes until bubbles appear and pop on surface. Flip pancakes, then turn off heat and let pancakes continue to cook in pan 2-3 minutes longer until pancakes are cooked through. Transfer to a plate to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter, oiling skillet each time. Repeat to cook remaining pancakes, oiling and reheating griddle between each batch.
- Serve pancakes warm with fruit and maple syrup or agave nectar.
*Makes about 1 dozen medium pancakes
Via Power Hungry