Pear and Ginger Crisps
- 1 tsp Healthworks Ginger Powder
- 2 large Pears
- 1 tbsp Superfine Sugar, plus extra to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 225F. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Slice the pears really thinly into rounds using a mandolin or a very sharp knife.
- Lay the pears in a single layer on the baking parchment. It doesn’t matter if you have to squeeze the rounds to fit them all onto the paper as they shrink as they dry out.
- Stir together the sugar and ginger, then sprinkle liberally over each piece. Bake in the oven for three hours, turning over halfway through.
- Remove the pear crisps from the oven and let them cool.
- Collect the remaining sugar dusting from the baking sheet and add a little extra sugar to suit. Shake the gingery sugar over the pear crisps.
Recipe & photo via BBC Food