Golden Berry Glazed Acorn Squash with Pecans
- ¾ cup Healthworks Golden Berries, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp Healthworks Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 4 acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed, then cut into rounds
- 4 cups apple juice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (whole)
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, spread the pecans into an even layer. Toast until fragrant, about 6 minutes, and let cool. Chop coarsely.
- Spread the squash rounds onto a couple of baking sheets in a single layer and brush cut sides of the squash with the coconut oil. Season with salt and black pepper, and bake until tender and lightly browned, about 35 minutes, flipping once, after about 25 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, combine the goldenberries, apple juice, maple syrup, rosemary, and a pinch of sea salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has reduced to about a third and the goldenberries appear rounded, about 15-20 minutes. Keep warm to prevent the contents from solidifying.
- When the squash is ready, transfer to a mixing bowl and add the pecans. Remove and discard the rosemary from the glaze and immediately drizzle the goldenberry mixture on top of the squash. Toss gently, and transfer to a serving bowl, drizzling any glaze at the bottom of the bowl on top of the finished dish. May be served hot or cold.
Recipes & Photo via mindbodygreen.com