- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbs. Healthworks Hemp Seeds
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs. chopped green onion
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- 1 whole-wheat pita
- Bring chickpeas, garlic, and 1/2 cup water to a boil in small saucepan. Cook 1 minute, remove from heat, and coarsely mash.
- Stir in hemp seeds and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cool.
- Combine cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, parsley, green onion, lemon juice, and oil in small bowl; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Fill 1/2 whole-wheat pita with 1/3 cup hummus and 1/2 cup cucumber salad.
Via Vegetarian Times
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.