Breakfast Tacos with Cheesy Hemp Scrambled Tofu
- 1 Tbs. Healthworks Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Healthworks Hemp Seeds
- 1 14-oz. pkg. superfirm tofu, drained
- 2 Tbs. tahini
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tsp. onion powder
- 12 4 ½-inch organic corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 limes, cut into wedges
- Hot sauce for drizzling
- Mash tofu into scrambled-egg-like crumbles in medium bowl. Stir in tahini, nutritional yeast, and onion powder; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Heat coconut oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu mixture, and cook 5 minutes, mixing occasionally. Turn off heat, add hemp seeds to pan, and mix well. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Generously fill each tortilla with tofu mixture. Serve with bowls of green onions, cilantro, lime wedges, and hot sauce for individual assembly.
Via Vegetarian Times