Low Carb Tortillas
- 4 Tbsp. Healthworks Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1/2 cup Healthworks Coconut Oil
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules (or powder)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 cups hot broth or hot water
- Put all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Pour hot broth over all, then stir with a spoon until all the butter is melted and ingredients are well incorporated. *Alternately, this can be done in a food processor
- Shape dough into a log shape. Cut into 8 equal parts.
- Grease a griddle, cast iron skillet, or frying pan lightly with butter or coconut oil, then heat to medium heat. Shape each part into a ball. On a sheet of parchment paper, take each ball and roll out as well as you can. If necessary, use a piece of parchment paper on top of the dough, as well. If the dough tears, it is easily fixed. Just keep working with it. Your goal is to get it spread out evenly.
- Take a medium sized pan lid and set it on top of the dough. Give it a little twist, then lift the lid up. Carefully remove dough around circle. Set that extra dough aside to make additional tortillas.
- Put the tortilla on griddle and cook until bottom begins to brown.
- Carefully flip, using a spatula if necessary, and cook other side. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining dough.