Spinach and Mushroom Quinoa
- 2 cups cooked Healthworks Quinoa
- 1 lb mushrooms (white or cremini), sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (omit butter for vegan version)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 5 to 10 ounces fresh spinach
- Pinch of salt
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until mushrooms get soft and acquire a nice, golden-brown color.
- Add chopped green onions and mix. Season with pinch of salt.
- Add fresh spinach to the skillet, reduce heat to low, cover the skillet with the lid and let mushrooms and spinach cook for about 1 minute or less, just until spinach begins to wilt. Add 2 cups of cooked quinoa to the skillet and cook on low heat for another minute until spinach wilts even more and quinoa warms up. Season with salt, if needed. Add another tablespoon of olive oil, if desired.