Curried Quinoa Salad
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (whatever your preference is)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked Healthworks Quinoa
- 2 mangoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 fresh serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted roasted cashews or peanuts, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, lime juice, curry powder, ginger, salt, and pepper. Slowly add oil, whisking until fully combined.
- Rinse quinoa in a bowl for three minutes, using fingers to agitate grains. Quinoa has a coating of bitter saponin that needs to be removed before cooking, and agitating while rinsing will help remove it.
- In a 5-quart pot, bring four cups of water to a boil with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add in quinoa and cook for 15 minutes, until grains are cooked through but still just a touch crunchy. Pour into a sieve, rinse with cold water, and let sit to drain for 15 minutes.
- Once quinoa is fully drained, mix with curried yogurt and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Serve at room temperature.