Basil Quinoa Patties
- 2 1/2 cups cooked Healthworks Quinoa
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine quinoa, eggs, and salt in a medium bowl. Add basil, cheese, garlic, and onion, and stir until evenly mixed.
- Add bread crumbs and let stand so crumbs absorb some moisture. The mixture should be easily formed into balls without falling apart. If needed, add a couple more tablespoons breadcrumbs and let stand a few minutes more.
- Heat olive oil to coat the bottom of a frying pan over medium heat. Form mixture into patties (about 1/4 cup each and 1/2-inch thick) and cook in batches, about 10 minutes per side or until browned and crispy.
- Place cooked patties on a thin layer of paper towel to drain excess oil before serving.