Couscous Salad with Zucchini & Almonds
- 3/4 cup Healthworks Almonds, chopped
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1½ cup finely diced zucchini
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup Sliced scallions
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- crushed red pepper
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over the couscous; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Boil the peas in 1/2 cup water for 1 minute. Drain the peas, reserving 1/4 cup of the water.
- In a skillet, sauté the zucchini in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and let cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, mix the reserved pea cooking water with the lemon juice and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Fluff the couscous and pour this dressing on top.
- Stir in the zucchini, peas, almonds, scallions, parsley, and mint.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Enjoy!
Recipe & photo via Delish