Raw Vegan Carrot Sunflower Seed Spread
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped (~ 2 ½ cups)
- 1 cup Healthworks Sunflower Seeds (soaked overnight is ideal)
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- If you’ve soaked the sunflower seeds overnight, drain well and remove any excess water then transfer to a food processor along with all other ingredients.
- Pulse 5-7 times to breakup the carrots and then proves on low until all the ingredients are mixed well and reach a crumbly consistency. The mix should easily stick together. Avoid over-processing as this will result in more of a mushy texture.
- Enjoy as a spread, topping or on its own! Transfer to a sealed container and keep in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.
Soaking the sunflower seeds is not essential but will help with digestion. If you do soak them be sure to drain them well! Too much additional liquid from the soaking water will change the texture.
Recipe & Image via Rise Shine Cook