Fresh Pickle Relish
- 1 tsp Healthworks Ground Turmeric
- 1 large English hothouse cucumber (about 1 pound), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tsp grated peeled ginger
- ⅓ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt plus more
- Place cucumber in a fine-mesh sieve set over a medium bowl; toss with 1 tsp. salt. Let sit 10 minutes, then squeeze well to remove as much moisture as possible (do not rinse).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and cook, stirring, just until they begin to pop, about 1 minute. Mix in ginger and turmeric and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and sugar and cook until syrupy, about 5 minutes longer.
- Mix in cucumber; transfer to a small bowl and season with salt.
- Let cool.