Organic Japanese Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea, 1 oz
Our Matchaworks USDA Organic Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea is consciously harvested and handcrafted, with the highest-quality Japanese tea leaves, to provide a finely grounded, brilliant green powder.
A cup of our highest grade Matcha tea will bring zen and outstanding flavor to your everyday life. Matcha powder is simply whisked into hot water making it an easy and simple way to add powerful health benefits to your diet. When you drink matcha you ingest the entire tea leaf and receive 100% of the nutrients. Matcha delivers a mega dose of antioxidants with every glass. It is also rich in EGCg, fiber, chlorophyll, vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc, magnesium & more!
Make Matchaworks Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea an intuitive daily ritual to bring peace and calmness to life’s moments.
WARNING: Consuming this product may expose you to chemicals including cadmium, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.
Question: What does Matcha taste like?
Answer: Matcha is absolutely wonderful all by itself. It’s crisp vegetative notes are complimented by the savory taste of the L-Theanine amino acid making Matcha a tea that is truly unique in every way. So sit back, relax, and enjoy a delicious bowl of Matcha.
Question: How do you store Matcha?
Answer: The powder should be stored away from light and sealed off from oxygen in order to preserve its bright green color and health benefits.
Question: What does Ceremonial Matcha mean?
Answer: Culinary Matcha is primarily for cooking and baking. It has a stronger taste and is recommended strictly for culinary endeavors. For traditional tea drinking, try one of our Matchaworks Ceremonial Grade.
Question: How do I properly prepare Matcha?
How to Prepare Matcha in a Bowl:
- To brew a cup, scoop 1½ teaspoons of Matchaworks Matcha Green Ceremonial Tea powder into your strainer. *This will ensure there are no clumps, so your tea will be smooth.
- Add 2oz hot water. For best results use water just under a boil.
- Whisk vigorously (10–15 seconds) in a zigzag or “M”-shaped motion until the tea is frothy or bright green.
- Enjoy your matcha tea!
How to Prepare Matcha in a Cup:
- Add a few drops of hot water to 1½ teaspoons of Matchaworks Matcha Green Ceremonial Tea powder and mix into paste with a spoon.
- Add more hot water and stir. *Try 1½ teaspoons to 6 ounces of water.
- Enjoy your matcha tea!
- Using a bamboo whisk will achieve the best results.
- Matcha is best enjoyed right after you've prepared it—some of the powder will settle at the bottom.
- Traditionally, Matcha is served without milk, honey or sugar. However, an easy way to introduce yourself to powdered green tea is to serve it with milk, sugar, and over ice.