These no-bake chocolate quinoa cookies are a wonderful treat for those who have zero desire to step foot near an oven! They only take 10 minutes to prepare, have a chocolate like fudge, but with a softer, gooier, and cookie-like feel!
Ingredients (12 cookies)
1/3 cup Healthworks Cacao Powder
1/2 cup Almond Butter
1/2 cup Healthworks Quinoa
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/3 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup Healthworks Cacao Nibs
Pinch of sea salt
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa before cooking. Combine 1/2 cup quinoa with 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until cooked. (about 10 minutes)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt together the coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao powder. Add almond butter and stir until smooth
- Remove saucepan from heat and add in the cooked quinoa, cacao nibs and coconut flakes
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Using a cookie scoop, place the mixture onto the baking sheet, or shape the cookies with your hand if desired
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Chill in freezer for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
*Store in an airtight container in the fridge, the cookies can be kept in the fridge for about one week.