Velvety Beet and Cacao Cake
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Healthworks Cacao Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups pureed canned beets, juice drained off and 1/2 cup reserved
- 1/2 cup reserved beet juice
- 1/2 cup of Healthworks Cacao Nibs
- Heat the oven to 350'F.
- Cream the butter and sugar and beat in the eggs until light, pale, and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and add in alternating amounts with the milk.
- Add the beets and beet juice and mix for a couple minutes or until very smooth.
- Pour into two greased 9-inch cake pans and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Layer with lightly sweetened whipped cream and cacao nibs.