With the chill of winter outside, why not enjoy a warm slice of banana bread to pair with your cup of tea or coffee. This gluten-free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread can also satisfy your dessert craving! It’s packed with banana flavor, chocolaty goodness, and contains no refined sugar! Have a wholesome slice with breakfast or save the loaf for dessert time!
3 medium-sized ripe bananas (mashed)
1/4 cup Healthworks Coconut Oil (melted)
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond milk
1/4 cup Ground Almonds
1 1/4 cup Healthworks Almond Flour
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar*
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil, vinegar, cinnamon, ground almonds and salt, until well combined
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Add the mashed bananas and chocolate chips, then gently add the milk a small amount at a time
- Transfer the mixture into a loaf tin lined with greased baking paper
- Scatter more chocolate chips on top to decorate
- Bake for 45 minutes, slice and serve!
*The acidity of the vinegar works with the baking soda to make the bread fluffy. If you can't consume vinegar, substitute it with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.