Banana Bread with Cacao Nibs
- 1/4 cup Healthworks Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup very ripe banana mashed well with a fork (2-3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup butter melted and extra butter unmelted for greasing
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8.5x4.5 loaf pan with butter.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the coconut flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cacao nibs, and pinch of salt and mix with a fork to reduce any clumps until thoroughly combined.
- In a small bowl add eggs, vanilla extract, stevia honey and whisk. Then whisk in the mashed banana. Stir until it is fully blended.
- Combine the dry and liquid ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add melted butter and continue stirring until it is all mixed together nicely.
- Spread the batter out evenly into the pan and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the center is pierced with a toothpick and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Pull the bread out of the oven and let it cool off for a few minutes. Then carefully remove the bread from the pan and flip it upside down onto a wire rack to let it cool down.
Note: Place parchment paper at the bottom of the loaf pan to make it easier to get out of the pan while hot.