Acai bowls have been trending and #instafamous for a while. Did you know you could also incorporate açai berries in truffles?
Acai berries are delicious deep purple berries native to the Amazon, they are packed with antioxidants, essential amino acids, fiber, vitamins and minerals. These truffles are the perfect energy booster to fight the afternoon slump. They are sweet and decadent with a rich chocolatey flavor, and have a subtle fruity note from the açai berry. What else is better than snacking on some homemade superfood truffles?
3 tbsp Healthworks Acai Powder
1 tbsp almond butter
¼ cup almonds or coconut flakes
100g dried dates
1 tbsp Healthworks Cacao Nibs
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp Healthworks Acai Powder for coating
- Place all ingredients, except cacao nibs, in a food processor and process until well combined and a dense mixture has formed
- Add cacao nibs, pulse so that the nibs are just mixed in but not over processed so you can keep some nice crunch from the nibs
- Using your hand, roll mixture into 2 cm balls
- Once balls are rolled, coat in extra açai powder
- Place the truffles on parchment paper and refrigerate for an hour, enjoy!