Sweet potatoes are a root vegetable rich in fiber, vitamin E, potassium and copper. This veggie is naturally sweet, making it a perfect ingredient to use in snacks or desserts. These sweet potato fries, drizzled with almond butter sauce and chocolate sauce, are a heavenly platter to serve when friends come around!
Ingredients: (6 servings)
5 sweet potatoes (washed and peeled)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tbsp Maple syrup
1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut whipped cream
1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 450 °F
- Slice sweet potatoes into even wedges by halving and halving again, then cutting off the pointy wedge into a small fry
- Cut the remaining wedge in half if it appears too large. Continue until all fries are sliced
- Place the fries over 3 baking sheets, then toss with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip for even cooking and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and at the desired tenderness.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt and cinnamon powder, set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- To make almond butter sauce, thin with hot water until pourable, sweeten with maple syrup if desired
- To make chocolate sauce, use a double boiler to melt chocolate chips, and add a touch of coconut oil to thin if desired to make it pourable
- Arrange fries on platter and drizzle with almond butter and chocolate sauce
- Top with coconut whipped cream, pomegranate arils and cinnamon powder, Enjoy!