Who doesn’t want to close the weekday with a delicious frozen treat?
Instead of buying an ice-cream from the local store, how about a DIY some vegan ice-cream in the comfort of your own pantry? Plus, we can celebrate National Vanilla Ice-Cream Day with a scoop of home-made ice-cream today!
DIY ice-cream can be so easy, you don’t even need an ice-cream maker, all you need is some resealable bags, ice, coconut milk and vanilla! This ultra-creamy vegan vanilla ice cream can surely sweep away the heat on a summer day. It’s so easy to make a perfectly smooth, rich, melt-in-your-mouth ice cream texture.
Coconut milk is a healthy vegan alternative to dairy milk, it comes directly from freshly pressed coconut meat which creates coconut milk and allows us to retain the high nutritional value of the coconut. It is nutrient-dense and a scrumptious alternative for those who are lactose sensitive or allergic to animal milk. It is also loaded with iron, fiber, has a high source of Vitamin C, phosphorus and magnesium.
1 tbsp Healthworks Coconut Milk Powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
4 tbsp Ice-cream salt (or coarse salt)
- In a bowl, add coconut milk powder with water. Whisk together sugar, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Place the ice-cream mixture in a resealable bag, squeeze out as much air as possible and seal tightly.
- Place the bag inside another plastic bag, squeeze out the air and seal tightly.
- Put this bag into a gallon size resealable bag and fill with 4 cups of ice and salt.
- Squeeze out all the air and seal tightly.
- Wrap the bag in a towel and shake vigorously until the ice-cream is frozen.