How to Add Natural Flavor To Your Dishes
Sometimes you can wind up with a bland dish, luckily there are plenty of easy ways to fix the taste!
Try out these ways to intensify your dishes when you're cooking next!- Toast your favorite kind of nut or seed (like chia or hemp) to bring out the rich flavor
- Add a tangy twist of lemon, lime, or orange via juice or grated peel
- Mix grated citrus zest, fresh herbs, and black pepper to create a tasty marinade
- Get a flavor burst from condiments like, salsa, chutney, flavored mustards, horseradish, and tzatziki
- Replace butter or olive with coconut oil
- Add dried fruit or goji berries to salads, quinoa, and rice dishes. Or for a spicer take, try cilantro, jalapeño, & lime!
- Try your vegetables grilled, marinated, pickled, raw, or roasted for variety
- Basil, chives, mint, parsley, rosemary and sage all make for great, fresh garnishes and seasonings
Not only will adding some of these spices strengthen the flavor, but they will also increase the nutrients your body absorbs from the food. Just remember to not add too much. You can always add more, but it’s hard to take away any overpowering flavor you might have added.
Cooking at home can be rewarding, cost-effective, and tasty too! It's all about having fun in the kitchen and experimenting with different, unique flavors!
We want to see how #Healthworks for you, so show us what you're making! Interact with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, heart our photos on Instagram, and pin our favorite superfood meals on Pinterest!