There can be! It just depends on what kind of ingredients you use!
Check out our featured recipe below on how to use ground flaxseed to make pizza crust!
A historical staple to the human diet, Flaxseed has been used as a nutritionally rich seed for thousands of years.
The seed has a smooth, nutty flavor that mixes well into tons of dishes and drinks. When it's in it's ground-form, flaxseed is easy to incorporate when added to cereals, smoothies, and yogurts, and even sprinkled on salads. It is also delicious when used to bake breads or pizza crusts!
Can it get better? Of course!
Our Organic Flaxseed is loaded with Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Protein, and Soluble and Insoluble Fibers, so you'll be winning big by using it in recipes.
- 3/4 cup Healthworks Ground Flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together dry ingredient. To the dry ingredients add in the wet ingredients (olive oil, egg, water). Stir well to combine. Allow to sit for5 minutes to thicken (the mixture will get too thick to spread if you wait too long).
- On a non-stick baking pan, spread your 'pizza dough' into the shape of a pizza.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Top with desired toppings and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.