Featured Recipe: Chocolaty Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie Bowl
Chocolate... in the morning? Yes, please! Healthworks Cacao Powder is full of beneficial compounds and provides a great source of magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, copper and potassium.
It is also one of the richest natural food sources of antioxidant flavonols, so you'll really get the energy boost you are looking for with the power of cacao!
We source our Cacao Powder from small, organic farms, where the cacao beans are hand harvested, cold pressed, and carefully milled into fine powder. This process retains the cacao's authentic, rich flavor and high nutritional value.
Try adding cacao powder to your morning routine to not only reap the health benefits but have enjoy some good old chocolatey deliciousness too!
Chocolaty Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 2 tbsp Healthworks Cacao Nibs
- 1 tbsp Healthworks Cacao Powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 cup ice
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp granola
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Blend the almond milk, ½ the banana, ice, peanut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the cocoa nibs, granola, chopped peanuts, and remaining ½ banana.
Recipe & photo via Buzzfeed