This cacao body butter cream will be your new favorite item in your skin care routine.
It combines two superfood ingredients: coconut oil and cacao butter. Both products are all-natural, unrefined and don’t contain any additives. Coconut oil is known to have antioxidant properties and it is full of essential fatty acids. While cacao butter comes from the cacao bean, it is a rich emollient, which can help leave your skin buttery and soft. Full of fatty acids, cacao butter has been known to help retain moisture and build elasticity.
This recipe is easy to DIY! And besides making a portion for yourself, you can also consider this homage body butter as a personalized gift for friends and family with custom natural scents!
1/2 cup Healthworks Cacao Butter
1/2 cup Shea Butter
1/2 cup Coconut oil
Optional: 10-20 drops of essential oil of choice (Lavender/ sweet orange/ lemongrass )
- In a double boiler, combine all ingredients except essential oils
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients melt and well combined
- Remove from heat and add essential oils if using
- Put in the fridge and let cool for 1 hour or until the edges are hardened but still somewhat soft
- Whip it up with an electric whisk for 5 minutes or until fluffy
- Return to the fridge for 15 minutes to set
- Spoon into a clean jar or a container
- Keep for yourself or giveaway, Enjoy!
*Store in a well-sealed glass jar and keep in a cool, dark, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
*The body butter will keep for up to 3 months