Easter is around the corner and that means Easter hunts to plan. Do you know you can indulge without having to endure the guilt afterwards?
These superfood Easter eggs are a delightful alternative to chocolatey eggs and are made using superfood powders for natural coloring instead of any harmful dyes!
Bright, chewy and easy-to-make, you can also get your kids involved in the making process!
Colorful Superfood Easter Eggs
1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
2 tbsp almond milk
3 tbsp Raw honey
2 cup shredded coconut
Yellow: 1/8 tsp Healthworks Turmeric Powder
Green: 1/8 tsp Healthworks Spirulina Powder
Purple: 1/4 tsp Healthworks Acai Powder
*Adjust the portion of superfood powder to reach the desired color
- In a high speed blender, blend all the ingredients until the mixture holds together
- Scrape down the sides of the blender, if necessary
- Divide mixture evenly between 3 small bowls
- Color each bowl of mixture using the superfood powder
- Mix well with a spoon until the powder is well incorporated
- Use your hands to roll teaspoon size balls of mixture into little ovals. (Let the kids join you!)
- Refrigerate the eggs for 20 minutes or until firm. Enjoy!
*Keep the eggs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.