Running out of ideas of what to eat for lunch? How about preparing yourself these refreshing Zucchini noodles? Topped with Basil Hemp Pesto, these zucchini noodles are packed with plant-based protein and healthy omega 3 fatty acids! This tasty dish only takes 15 minutes to prepare, and is full of flavour and zest.
Zucchini Noodles with Hemp Pesto
Ingredients (2 servings)
Basil Hemp Pesto:
2 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
2 cups Fresh Spinach
1/2 cup Zucchini, diced
1/4 cup Healthworks Hemp Seeds
1/2 clove Fresh Garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1 large Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Olive Oil
4 medium Zucchinis
For Zucchini Noodles
- Cut the zucchini into thin long strips using the vegetable spiralizer or julienne peeler.
- Place the zucchini noodles into a colander, set over a large bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt, let them sit for 15-20 minutes
- Remove the zucchini noodles from the colander and place them on a layer of paper towels, using the paper towel to press out as much moisture as you can
For Basil Hemp Pesto
- In a food processor, add spinach, basil leaves and ½ cup zucchini, blend until finely ground.
- Add hemp seeds, garlic and process again
- Add salt, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and olive oil, mix into a smooth pesto
Note: Combine the zucchini noodles and pesto right before serving, if you combine in advance, the noodles will become watery.