Author: Rachel Straining
Ever hear how a hot cup of lemon water and turmeric in the morning is like a cure-all? It's true. Lemon is packed with the ever necessary Vitamin C that we all need during the winter, it also contains citric acid which helps with digestion and breaking down food. And what about turmeric? Not only does turmeric add a bright color and warm spice to everything you use in it, but it also has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidant properties. I mean, what more could you ask for?
Turmeric Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil - melted
- Zest one and a half lemons
- Juice of one lemon
- Mix your wet ingredients and dry ingredients in two separate bowls and then combine until a batter forms.
- If you use a silicone muffin tin, you can just spray it with coconut oil and pour the batter directly into the muffin molds. If you're using a metal muffin tin, I recommend using paper muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins.
- Enjoy your Turmeric Lemon Poppy Seed muffins plain, or top them with my "icing" glaze.
- Mix together 4 tbsp SCD-legal yogurt, 2 tsp maple syrup or honey, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and lemon zest.