- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Healthworks Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups white beans or 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added or low-sodium white beans, drained
- 10 dates
- 2 bananas
- 1 (10 ounce) bag strawberries, thawed and divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a cup, mix ground chia seeds with 1/2 cup water and let sit until it forms a gel, about five minutes.
- In a high-powered blender, combine white beans, pitted dates, banana, half of the thawed strawberries (leaving the other half to be put in the muffins whole) chia seed gel, vanilla and almond extract. Once blended, combine with the dry mixture and stir thoroughly until well combined.
- Drain the remaining strawberries and stir in along with the blueberries and raspberries so they are evenly distributed throughout.
- In a 12-cup muffin pan, place cupcake papers and using a spoon, scoop in batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes and serve warm.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.