Goji Berry Pecan Scones
- 2 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves powder
- 1/4 cup Healthworks Goji Berries
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces/chips
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rice, soy or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine and mix together the dry ingredients (except for goji berries and pecans).
- In a separate bowl, beat together wet ingredients.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. The texture will be crumbly.
- Stir in goji berries and pecan pieces.
- Take a handful of dough and knead it together, shaping into a scone, and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. If you notice the dough becoming too crumbly to form a scone, just add a splash of milk to the dough and continue to knead.
- After scones are lined up on the baking sheet, bake on the center rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove the scones promptly from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack