Easy Vegan Smoky Carrot Dip
Smoky Carrot Dip? Yes, it’s a thing! This one happens to be a smoky, slightly sweet and seriously savory one. Blended with chickpeas, almonds, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs; it’s the perfect companion to seeded crackers or a loaf. Perfect for a home party!
Also, this recipe is great in that it’s made of ingredients you tend to have lying around—this is a stellar way to use up those carrots that have been sitting to waste in your fridge.
1/2 cup skin-on almonds
2 lb carrots (trimmed, peeled)
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup canned chickpeas
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3/4 tsp hot smoked Spanish paprika
1 tsp Healthworks Cinnamon Powder
1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast almonds on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing halfway through, until slightly darkened and fragrant, for around 10 minutes. Let cool; set aside.
- Cut the carrots into cubes. Toss on a parchment-lined baking sheet with 2 tbsp love oil and 1 tsp salt.
- Spread carrots out evenly on baking sheet and cast, cook until very tender and starting to shrivel and brown, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer carrots to a food processor, add garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, pepper, paprika, parsley, ½ cup oil, 1 ½ tsp salt and reserved almonds
- Process, adding more oil if needed, until the mixture is almost completely smooth
- Transfer dip to a small bowl, drizzle with more oil and top with parsley