Summer Picnic Favorite: Chickpea Pasta Salad
Summer time is approaching, which means it’s just about time to have a nice picnic with your folks and family! Picnics are often filled with baguettes, chips, and cheese, which while delicious, may not be the healthiest option. So why don’t we just make our own healthy option, like a Chickpea Pasta Salad?
This Chickpea Pasta Salad is loaded with veggies, tossed in an apple cider vinegar dressing with herbs, topped with hemp seeds for a crunchy touch, and packed with protein and fiber. This salad is a nutrient-dense and satisfying dish for your summer picnics.
8 oz Chickpea ziti pasta
1 1/2 cup Chicken or Vegan Meat Substitute such as Tempeh (cubes)
2 small Cucumbers (chopped)
1/4 cup Radishes( sliced)
1/4 cup Crumbled Feta
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp complete seasoning
Fresh thyme or parsley
Salt & Pepper
- Cut chicken/ tempeh into cubes, season with salt and pepper. Broil or grill until golden brown. Set aside to let cool
- Bring water to boil and cook the pasta until soft, drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil, then let cool
- Add all the produce into a large bowl
- To make the dressing, whisk olive oil, vinegar, dijon and dried spices together in a small vessel
- Pour over top of mixed pasta dish and toss to combine
- Top with fresh thyme or parsley, sprinkle with hemp seeds, Enjoy!