It really is the season to be jolly.
When it’s cold outside, there is nothing like staying in with your loved ones. Baking is a great in-house activity!
Together, with your friend or partner, you can research recipes, prepare ingredients, carefully measure and try new flavors. Grab a cup of hot tea while waiting for the pie to bake, take out your cozy blanket, snuggle into your couch, then dig into a warm fresh pie while enjoying your all-time favorite movie. It really is a good opportunity to spend quality time together.
For the winter season, consider giving it a go with this grain-free and vegan-friendly white mulberry pie! The crust of the pie is flaky and not too sweet, while filled with fruity, juicy mulberry sauce! White mulberries are loaded with iron, Vitamin C and have a high source of calcium, fiber and protein. It’s great time to add this superfood into your holiday baking.
Winter White-Mulberry Pie
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
3 Tbsp Butter (or vegan butter)
1 Egg (3 Tbsp Cooking Oil for vegan option)
½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Healthworks White Mulberries
¼ Cup Almond Milk
2 Bananas, Evenly Sliced
1/2 Cup Organic Rolled Oats
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup (or more depending on desired sweetness)
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a small round or square baking pan/dish with butter and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for crust together in bowl and mix together to form a dough. Roll out dough to thin consistency and place as first layer in pan. Use fingers to smooth out any bumps.
- Place crust in oven and bake for about 10 mins until golden, then set aside.
- In a bowl mash mulberries and add almond milk, to form a thick compote.
- In a separate bowl combine oats with maple syrup and cinnamon, mix well.
- Scoop the mulberry compote into the crusted pan and spread around for an even layer.
- Place the thin slices of banana on top as the next layer.
- Add the oats mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 mins, or until top is crispy.
- Slice and serve with fresh strawberries. Enjoy!