3 Superfood Recipes for Chocolate Lovers
Chocolate is a vice for MANY people. Unfortunately, normal grocery store candy bars and chocolate brands flush out a lot of the natural benefits of chocolate. They also add ton of ingredients and preservatives that are not good for you and have a lot of extra fat.
Luckily, we have a solution to fix your sweet tooth!
These cacao recipes will satisfy your chocolate craving while giving you all the nutritional benefits of superfoods.
- Blend the coconut milk prior to combining it with the other ingredients. This way you will end up with a smooth consistency
- Combine blended coconut milk, water, and chia seeds in a jar and shake well
- Add cacao powder, stevia, and salt and shake well
- Refrigerate overnight to let chia seeds soften and absorb liquid
- Serve & enjoy!
- Blend the almond milk, ½ the banana, ice, peanut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the cocoa nibs, granola, chopped peanuts, and remaining ½ banana.
Recipe & photo via Buzzfeed
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Healthworks Cacao Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups pureed canned beets, juice drained off and 1/2 cup reserved
- 1/2 cup reserved beet juice
- 1/2 cup Healthworks Cacao Nibs
- Heat the oven to 350'F.
- Cream the butter and sugar and beat in the eggs until light, pale, and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and add in alternating amounts with the milk.
- Add the beets and beet juice and mix for a couple minutes or until very smooth.
- Pour into two greased 9-inch cake pans and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Layer with lightly sweetened whipped cream and cacao nibs.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.