Lunch Box Idea - Zucchini Noodles with Hemp Pesto
Running out of ideas of what to eat for lunch? How about preparing yourself these refreshing Zucchini noodles? Topped with Basil Hemp Pesto, these zucchini noodles are packed with plant-based protein and healthy omega 3 fatty acids! This tasty dish only takes 15 minutes to prepare, and is full of flavour and zest.
Zucchini Noodles with Hemp Pesto
Ingredients (2 servings)
Basil Hemp Pesto:
2 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
2 cups Fresh Spinach
1/2 cup Zucchini, diced
1/4 cup Healthworks Hemp Seeds
1/2 clove Fresh Garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1 large Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Olive Oil
4 medium Zucchinis
For Zucchini Noodles
- Cut the zucchini into thin long strips using the vegetable spiralizer or julienne peeler.
- Place the zucchini noodles into a colander, set over a large bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt, let them sit for 15-20 minutes
- Remove the zucchini noodles from the colander and place them on a layer of paper towels, using the paper towel to press out as much moisture as you can
For Basil Hemp Pesto
- In a food processor, add spinach, basil leaves and ½ cup zucchini, blend until finely ground.
- Add hemp seeds, garlic and process again
- Add salt, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and olive oil, mix into a smooth pesto
Note: Combine the zucchini noodles and pesto right before serving, if you combine in advance, the noodles will become watery.